Vaccines improve the quality of life by preventing serious illnesses. They play a key role in promoting public health. We study the quality, safety and efficacy of vaccines with decades of experience and internationally recognized, high-quality scientific expertise. Our goal is to introduce new, safer and more effective vaccines for people of all ages.
Experts in vaccine research
FVR, a specialist company in vaccine research with a comprehensive competence profile, was formed in 2022 when the Tampere University’s Vaccine Research Centre and the clinical vaccine research group of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) were merged into a special-assignment company of the Finnish state. FVR stands for Finnish Vaccine Research. Our collective experience in vaccine research expands over several decades.
The establishment of the company further strengthens Finland’s role in the field of high-standard vaccine research, enabling well-researched, increasingly effective, and safer vaccines both in Finland and around the world. In addition, FVR’s activities support preparedness for health hazards such as pandemics.
At FVR, we conduct high-quality clinical studies – for example on viral vaccines such as chickenpox, influenza and rotavirus, coronavirus, RSV, and shingles vaccines – and bacterial vaccines such as meningococcal and pneumococcal vaccines. We study several different vaccines each year, and thousands of Finns participate voluntarily in the studies. In addition to this, we conduct large-scale register studies utilizing nationwide, comprehensive, and timely health information.
We promote health security, science-based vaccination expertise and public acceptance by means of high-quality vaccine research.
- We produce reliable research evidence and share our expertise.
- Our work is founded on the best scientific practices.
- We actively seek ways to develop our skills, ways of working, and industry.
- We are kind and respectful when interacting with others.
- We care for the safety and well-being of each other.
- We demonstrate good collaboration skills towards each other and our partners.
- We want to provide people with a better quality of life through good immunization coverage.
- We work ethically, diligently, and in a trustworthy way. We take responsibility for our actions.
- We communicate honestly and transparently.