- Our goal is to improve the user experience of the site and the marketing of our content.
- When you arrive at our site, a cookie banner appears on your screen. By default, only necessary functional cookies are enabled in this banner. It is up to you to decide which cookies to accept and which cookies to disable. These choices can also be customized at the bottom of this page. You can also disable cookies in your browser (see instructions below).
- The analytics tool used on our site is Google Analytics 4 (GA4), which is a version that does NOT collect unique IP addresses (more information >>).
Some cookies (necessary functional cookies) are required for the correct functioning of the site and are configured to be enabled at all times.
Cookies in general
Cookies allow us to collect information about the use of our website. This information includes, among other things:
- the browsers and operating systems used,
- the domains of referring sites (traffic origin),
- the date, time, number, and duration of visits,
- which pages and elements have been viewed,
- which links, buttons, or other items have been clicked.
The information collected by marketing cookies is used to develop and target marketing. In practice, this means that when you visit our site or a third-party partner site or click on an advertisement for FVR – Finnish Vaccine Research, your activities will be tracked using cookies if you have given your consent.
We use both first-party cookies (set by FVR – Finnish Vaccine Research) and third-party cookies (META: Facebook Pixel). When you enter our site, the marketing cookie in the cookie banner is inactive by default and requires your consent to activate. If you delete or clear cookies or change the browser you are using, you will need to reconfigure these cookie settings.
The Facebook Pixel may be used to measure and create ads for custom audiences and to ensure that our ads are shown to the right audience. The Facebook Pixel also allows us to track the effectiveness of Facebook ads and to use this information for statistical and market research purposes. We cannot see any personal information about our individual users.
Changing cookie settings / blocking cookies
You can stop cookie-based data collection at any time by disabling cookies (either through the cookie banner or below) or by adjusting your browser settings. Please note that some features/functionalities of our website require the use of necessary functional cookies.
Below are instructions on how to block cookies in various browsers.
· Internet Explorer: tap Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced > Block All Cookies
· Firefox: tap the menu icon with three lines > Settings > Privacy & Security
· Safari: tap Preferences > Privacy
· Google Chrome: tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner > Settings > Advanced settings > Privacy and security